Thursday, August 2, 2012

Prayer Break: Wisdom

I Kings 3: “Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”


Dear God, Today I pray for wisdom.  At times I am overwhelmed because occasionally I feel inadequate.  Sometimes I feel like I do not have the skills, knowledge, or abilities to do what you have called me to do.  Sometimes I give up because I am so confused.  Please empower me to hold true to the saying that "where God guides, God provides."  Bless me to be wise.  Help me to have a discerning heart, mind, and spirit so that I have the ability to work and live in such a way that you will say well done.  I thank you for answering past prayers.  I thank you in advance for answering prayers yet prayed.  I Love you!  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment