Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Prayer Break: I need thee!

Psalm 13- How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?  Look on me and answer, Lord my God.  Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,"  and my foes will rejoice when I fall.  But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me.

Dear God,  Thank you!  Thank you for your love, your kindness, your mercy, and your favor.  You have always been good to me and I appreciate all that you have done for me in my life.  I pause today because I am feeling somewhat defeated.  I feel like I keep trying my best yet I'm still missing the mark.  God I want to make you proud but I am struggling so much.  You said that I should not worry but I am God.  I worry all day and all night.  I try to be alright.  I try to smile.  I try to pray without ceasing.  I try to fight the good fight God but sometimes I just feel so tired.  Physically, emotionally, and spiritually weak and tired of always feeling a day late and a dollar short.  I need you to help me remember God.  I need to remember what you've done, the ways you made, and the storms that you have calmed in my past.  I need to remember the tears you dried.  I need to remember the moments that I you carried me.  Thank you God for never giving up on me.  Thank you God for reminding me that you are always here for me.  I refuse to give up my joy.  I refuse to give up on your promises.  I refuse to give up on your love.  You have been good to me and I know that what I am going through right now will last but a season.  Thank you God.  I love you.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment